Once again, yesterday we had the Google’s most important event of the year. In this Google IO we were introduced in some new technologies, current stats of Android platform, watches, cars…so let’s take a look to the news and try to figure out how these will change our life for the next months:
- During the 4Q of 2013 315 devices based on Android were sold.
- Peak of 1B active users during a month!
- 93 million pictures taken using the frontal camera of Android devices
- 62% of tablets Android-based.
Android One project:
- Low price hardware for smartphones based on Android, around 100$ per device.
- Partnership with indian vendors like Micromax, Karbonn and Spice.
- how to increase the performance of the battery.
- Nothing clear yet, Google is working hard in making the usage of the battery of the Android devices much more efficient.
- Empowering ART (Android Runtime), a Virtual Machine much more faster than the classical DVM.
- Dalvik Virtual Machine looks that will be deprecated soon.
- New version of Android coming soon.
- Improved performance with ART.
- New changes in design (Material Design provided)
Android TV, Wearables and Android Auto:
- Google Now focused to the auto sector.
- Better integration with Google Maps.
- Android Wear for smartwatches.
Other interesting projects:
- Google Play Services 5.0, adding support to games and improvements in Google Drive and Google Wallet.
- Google Fit, as we can see in the MWC 2014 this will be the year of the health. Adidas and Nike will back this project that will let the user to know the details of its physical state.
- Better Chromebook-Android synchronization.
- Google Slides, a new application for creating slides.
- Sundar Pichai, senior VP at Google.
- Matías Duarte, Android UX Director
- Dave Burke, Engineering Director at Google
- Avni Shah, Product Manager at Google
- David Singleton, Engineering Director at Google