Yes guys, this year is over… Looking back, this year was absolutely exciting, lots of challenges and milestones achieved (not everything, but almost! ). In my case, all the changes were fortunately positive, so I hope next year will be even better. Something is sure: let’s do whatever possible to get that! Making a personal overview of this year, I was amazed by some funny numbers and goals:
- I have been envolved in 4 different and big projects and lots of medium and small projects.
- I have been in 8 different countries: Spain, Andorra, France, UK, Germany, Lithuania, Latvia and Switzerland.
- I lived in 5 different apartments
- I met lots of amazing and lovely people!
- I started learning German and trying to improve my English.
- The 99% of the people that I worked with, are nice. The 1% will be nice in 2015. (I hope so! )
- As proposed at end of 2014, I kept distances of negative and destructive people.
Next year will be a year to challenge to myself, so now it is time to take a small rest, some breath, and crush 2015! Regarding to mobile, I gather some info about the most interesting goals of this year: Relevant tech acquisitions:
- Beats acquisition by Apple.
- Facebook completed the acquisition of WhatsApp .
- Google sold Motorola to Lenovo.
- Microsoft bought Acompli in order to improve the way of thinking about email.
What happened related to the mobile manufacturers?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 and Nexus 6 (with not very positive reviews at the moment…)
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus released.
- HTC continues in the fight with HTC One
- The Chinese manufacturer OnePlus appeared to be positioned in low-cost devices.
Regarding to mobile operative systems: * Android 5.0 Lollipop and Material Design, first UI-quality-oriented bet by Google. * Yosemite and iOS 8 released, and Swift trying to become an standard. Other interesting news:
- The number of smartphones connections exceeded the number of humans on the planet (well, depends on the metrics, of course )
- More than 1.2 billions of smartphones were sold (1.9 billions of total phones)
- Apple introduced the Apple Watch and Google allow high-connectivity with Android Wear.
- Amazing integration mobile and TV with Chromecast
- 30 years since Apple introduced Macintosh!
- Big security flaws in Apple platforms and iCloud with the result of stolen photos and private data.
So, see you next year, that will be even better than this one!